Pushing the outside of the envelope is one thing...
But what happens when the line is crossed?
- How can I protect my business from corruption?
- Should I file a voluntary self-disclosure?
- Where can I find a lawyer quickly?
If you're subject to a search, we'll be there in no time to represent your interests vis-à-vis the authorities – during the search as well as at the subsequent court proceedings. Of course, it's preferable to avoid having the law enforcement authorities become involved in the first place. Many clients had a slight inkling or themselves notice at some point that something wasn't quite right at their company. In such cases, we help get to the bottom of things and salvage the situation. For those who want to steer clear of trouble completely, we can help with preventive measures. In other words: we can help make sure it "never gets that far".
Here's how we can help:
- Assisting with criminal tax and criminal business law proceedings
- Representing individuals before authorities, public prosecutor's office and courts
- Immediate availability in cases involving search or arrest warrants
- Developing preventive measures and guidelines to protect companies against criminal sanctions or injurious conduct by employees
- Advising on voluntary self-disclosures and amended returns
- Advising on criminal risk management and how to avoid liability for based on management's negligent failure to establish and maintain proper organisational structures (Organisationsverschulden)
- Conducting criminal legal due diligence reviews